A quick guide to reporting bugs for Hourai Teahouse projects.
How to Report a Bug with a Project
Hourai Teahouse largely uses GitHub Issues to manage per-project issues. The process for submitting a bug to a Hourai Teahouse project is as follows:
- If you do not already have a GitHub account, create an account.
- Login with your account.
- Navigate to the issues page for the project you wish to report a bug for.
- Click the New Issue button.
- Fill out the form with information about your bug. If the body is pre-filled for you, please provide the information requested by the template.
- Click the Submit button.
Guide to effectively reporting bugs
Creating proper bug reports is incredibly important for a tester. Developers cannot fix what they cannot replicate, so please provide as much information as possible.
- Include which version of the game you are playing on. what operating system, and, if the issue requires, information about the hardware on your machine.
- As accurately as possible, describe exactly what the bug entails.
- Provide as much information as to what the expect and actual behavior.
- Provide information on exactly how to replicate the bug.
- Additional information that can be helpful:
- Game Logs - this gives detailed information about what happened to your game, and if and when errors may have happened. To find these logs, see these docs.
- Screenshots - if the issue is visual, please show what you see that seems to appear incorrectly.
- For animations, ScreenToGif is a good option to short animations. If the bug is longer lasting, we suggest uploading a short video to demonstrate the issue.
When you have reported a bug, you are expected to attend to the bug when possible. Developers may ask you to affirm if the bug has been resolved.